Portugal is a southern European country on the Iberian Peninsula, bordering Spain. Its location on the Atlantic Ocean has influenced many aspects of its culture. Geographically and culturally somewhat isolated from its neighboring countries, Portugal has a rich, unique culture, lively cities and beautiful countryside. Portugal is one of the warmest European countries. In mainland Portugal, yearly temperature averages are about 15°C (55°F) in the north and 18°C (64°F) in the south.
As well as the glorious countryside, mild climate, and excellent cultural experiences, Portugal has another upside for international students; it is one of the cheapest places in Europe to live, which is handy given all the amazing cuisine and local wines. The main cities are very cosmopolitan and it has a vibrant, contemporary music and nightlife scene. With that and its natural beauty, you can always find something to get involved with here in Portugal.
STUDY IN EUROPE
Education in Europe is a combination of high academic standards, centuries-old traditions and consistent quality. It was in European universities that the foundations of higher education were laid, which were later adopted by universities in the New World. It is worth noting that education in Europe is not always worth a lot of money: there are many programs and directions that are quite accessible to applicants with an average income.
European universities provide a fundamental education: this is both theoretical knowledge and practical skills. That is why graduates of European universities are highly valued in the labor market. Diplomas of European universities are in demand all over the world.
In addition, in European educational institutions they provide knowledge that contributes to the development of personality, broadening the horizons and worldview. After graduating from a European university, a former student does not stop learning: the craving for knowledge, for a new one is inculcated for life.
University campuses in Europe, as a rule, are located in beautiful ancient cities with a rich history and magnificent architecture. Graduates of European universities are fluent in one or two foreign languages.
- Capital: Prague
- Capital: Lisbon
- Dialing code: +351
- Currency: Euro
- Recognized regional language: Mirandese, Portuguese
- Half of the “New World” Once Belonged to Portugal
- Portuguese Is the Official Language of Nine Countries
- Portugal Is the Oldest Country in Europe
- The Oldest Bookstore in the World Is in Portugal’s Capital
- Portugal Is the Largest Cork Producer in the World
WHY STUDY IN PORTUGAL
- Cost of Living. Compared to the rest of Western Europe, Portugal is affordable
- Coastline. With over 700 miles of coastline, Portugal is a dream for those who love the ocean—and it’s never too far away
- Portugal offers world-class education
- Weather is perfect. Its Mediterranean climate provides long, hot summers and short, rainy winters
- Food-Among some of the best in Europe and the world—and most off-the-beaten path—the food in Portugal is exquisite
HIGHER EDUCATION SYSTEM IN PORTUGAL
Universities and other higher education institutions run both academic and professional programs Bachelors and masters in both academic and professional higher education programs.
- Bachelor studies course duration : 3-4 years
- Master Studies course duration : 1-2 years
- Architecture & Construction Management
- Arts & Design
- Business / Management
- Engineering & Technology
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- IT & Computing
COST OF STUDY
- Costs vary between 2000 Euro – 5000 Euro based on degrees
COST OF LIVING
- 600 – 700 EUR/month